Friday, September 20, 2024

September 20 Newsletter

Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News

September 20, 2024


Review of our Week:

In math we have been working on adding and subtracting with a number line. In our reading program, we are reading stories, working on nouns and spelling patterns.  We finished our interviews. I will have the pages your child wrote put together in a book at SEPs.  I am very impressed with the writing abilities.  We have made a lot of progress since we started these interviews.  

I don’t be sending a newsletter next week because we will be meeting the next week for SEPs.


Snacks:

Today was our last day for snacks provided by our leader. If your child would like to bring a snack for themselves, they are welcome to.  Please make sure it is something healthy and not candy.

SEP’s:

If you have not signed up for an SEP, please click the link I emailed and sent out on Remind.


Homework:

It is very important that your child is doing their reading for 20 minutes every night. I really need you taking the time to listen to your child read.  I have several who will be ready to move up a level with in the next couple of weeks.  I can tell they are reading at home.  

I am sending home a copy of the sight words that we are learning and will be learning in our reading program.  Please take some time and help your child learn these “Tricky Sight Words”.  We have learned up to “was”.

Reading Parents:

If you have done your background check and would like to start coming in next week, that would be great!!! I have included the list of who I have signed up.

Upcoming Events:

Wednesday, September 25 – Picture Day

September 30-October 4 – SEP Week (School will get out at 2:30, except on Friday it will be 1:30)



No comments:

Post a Comment