Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
January 26, 2018
Review of our week:
We did a lot of fun activities for the 100th day of school last Friday. We took our test for the place value chapter. I was really happy with the scores. In writing we are still working up our snowman stories.
Lions Kite Flight for Reading & Sight:
The Lion’s Club sponsors this reading program every year. All your child has to do is their reading homework and keep track of the minutes. For First grade they need to read 70 minutes a week, which is less than what their homework requires. They need to keep track of their minutes on the sheet I am sending home and then on April 28 go to Cedar Middle School and turn their reading record in. Your child will receive a kite and a chance to win some other cool prizes. The Lion’s Club actually donates money to our school for every child who participates. This is a really easy fundraiser for our school. I really encourage you to help your child do this.
We will be exchanging Valentines in our class. If your child would like to bring Valentine cards please make sure there is enough for each child in the class. I have attached a list of all the students in our class to the email. If you would like to send your child’s Valentines early I will just keep them in my office. If you have any questions please let me know.
* Keep saving your Box Tops.
* Thanks for everything you do. I really want to thank all of you who come in and read in the mornings and those of you who do things at home. Thanks again for everything.
* If you would like to do a Family Fun Day, please look at the dates that are available and let me know which one you would like.
· Wednesday, January 31 – Celebrate Gavin’s Birthday
· Friday, February 2 – Family Fun Day
· February 5-9 – SEP Week (School gets out at 2:30)
· Monday, February 12 – Celebrate Jaxons’s Birthday
· Tuesday, February 13 – Spelling Bee @1:00
· Wednesday, February 14 – Valentine’s Party
· Friday, February 16 – Celebrate Carter’s Birthday
· Monday, February 19 – No School (President’s Day)
· Thursday, February 22 – Celebrate Emma’s Birthday
· Friday, February 23 – Celebrate Cole’s Birthday
· Friday, February 23 – Family Fun Day
· Friday, March 2 – Celebrate Ella’s Birthday
· Friday, March 2 – Family Fun Day
· March 8-9 – No School (Teacher Days)
· Thursday, March 15 – Spring Pictures
· Friday, March 16 – Celebrate Karli’s Birthday
· Friday, March 6 – Family Fun Day
· Wednesday, March 21 – Kindergarten Registration 1-3
· Friday, March 23 – Family Fun Day
· Tuesday, March 27 – Celebrate Sheryl’s Birthday
· Wednesday, March 28 – Celebrate Lily’s Birthday
· Thursday, March 29 – Celebrate Chloe’s Birthday
· Friday, March 30 – Easter Party
· April 2-6 – No School (Spring Break)