Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
November 16, 2017
Review of our week:
This week in Math we have been working on counting back and using addition to help us subtract. We will be having a math test again next week before Thanksgiving break. I have been doing some benchmarking moving reading levels. I can really tell those students who are doing their reading every night. I also sent home some spelling words. I would like your child to spend a little time on these. Please, do not spend a lot of time practicing them. I would rather they spend the time reading.
I know this time of year is very busy. Please encourage your child to fill out their reading record right after they are finished reading, so you don’t have to try and remember at the end of the month how many days they read.
There are several students who are not bringing their take home books back every day. This is a great resource and some are not taking advantage of it. Please make sure your child reads their book every night and brings it back, so they can get a new one the next day.
The weather changes so much from day to day. Please make sure your child has a warm jacket and or a coat to wear outside to recess.
We are going to be making gingerbread houses on Friday, December 1 at 2:00. If you could donate a small bag of candy or a container of white frosting, I would really appreciate it. The candy can be M&M’s, small candy canes, peppermints, skittles, smarties, gingerbread cookies, or anything else you think would look nice on a gingerbread house.
I would also like to invite any parents that want to, to come in and help with the gingerbread houses. If you can donate something please have it here by Wednesday, November 30, so I will know how much candy and frosting I will need to get.
· Tuesday, November 21 – Celebrate Aly’s Birthday
· November 22-24 – No School (Thanksgiving Break)
· Friday, December 1 – Gingerbread houses 2:00
· Friday, December 8 – Celebrate Devin’s Birthday
· Friday, December 8 – Family Fun Day
· Friday, December 15- Celebrate McCoy’s Birthday
· Friday, December 15 – Family Fun Day
· Monday, December 18 – Celebrate Lucas’ Birthday
· Wednesday, December 20 – Christmas Party
· December 21-January 1 – No School (Christmas Break)
· Tuesday, January 2 – School resumes
· Tuesday, January 2 – Celebrate Logan’s Birthday
· Monday, January 15 – No School (MLK Day)
· Friday, January 19 – Family Fun Day
· Monday, January 22 – Celebrate Amelia’s ½ Birthday
· Wednesday, January 31 – Celebrate Gavin’s Birthday
· Friday, February 2 – Family Fun Day
· February 5-9 – SEP Week (School gets out at 2:30)