Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
November 16, 2017
Review of our week:
This week in Math we have been working on counting back and using addition to help us subtract. We will be having a math test again right after Thanksgiving break. I have been doing some benchmarking moving reading levels. I can really tell those students who are doing their reading every night and learning their sight words. I also sent home some spelling words. I would like your child to spend a little time on these. Please, do not spend a lot of time practicing them. I would rather they spend the time reading.
I know this time of year is very busy. Please encourage your child to fill out their reading record right after they are finished reading, so you don’t have to try and remember at the end of the month how many days they read.
There are several students who are not bringing their take home books back every day. This is a great resource and some are not taking advantage of it. Please make sure your child reads their book every night and brings it back, so they can get a new one the next day.
We are going to be making gingerbread houses on Friday, December 7 at 2:00. If you could donate a small bag of candy or a container of white frosting, I would really appreciate it. The candy can be M&M’s, small candy canes, peppermints, skittles, smarties, gingerbread cookies, or anything else you think would look nice on a gingerbread house.
I would also like to invite any parents that want to, to come in and help with the gingerbread houses. If you can donate something please have it here by Wednesday, December 5, so I will know how much candy and frosting I will need to get.
· Tuesday, November 20 – Celebrate Chloe’s Birthday
· November 21-23 – No School (Thanksgiving Break)
· Friday, November 30 – Family Fun Day
· Friday, December 7 – Make Gingerbread Houses
· Friday, December 14 – Celebrate Zoey’s Birthday
· Friday, December 14 – Family Fun Day
· Monday, December 17 – Celebrate Arinne’s Birthday
· Wednesday, December 19 – Celebrate Bridget’s Birthday
· Thursday, December 20 – Christmas Party 1:00
· Thursday, December 20 – End of 2nd Quarter
***School gets out on Thursday not Wednesday.