Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
April 28, 2017
Review of our week:
I can’t believe how fast this year has gone. We have been practicing really hard for our program. We hope that you will all be able to come and enjoy it. In math we have finished our chapter on time and non-standard measurement and started our chapter on graphing.
Kite Flight for Reading:
The Kite Festival is Saturday. We sent home a paper for you to keep track of your child’s minutes on. If your child turns this in, they will receive some great prizes and the school earns money.
I will be assigning each student an animal to do an oral report on. All of the information will be coming home next week. Please check the paper in your child’s backpack, so you will know when your child is scheduled to do their report and what animal. If you have any questions please let me know. You are welcome to come and watch.
I know there is a lot going on in the next month or so, but we have some fun things going and we really need some parents to come and help.
I need 1-2 parents to come and go on the field trip with us. It will be on Wednesday, May 10. We are going to the library, Ladybug Nursery and Discovery Park.
I also need either 1 parent all day for field day or 1 parent in the morning and 1 in the afternoon to take our class around. Field Day is on Tuesday, May 23.
On the field trip your child will need to each school lunch. If your child usually eats home lunch, you need to pay the office for their lunch for this day.
****** On both of these days, please make sure your child has sunscreen on and has a jacket just in case. Thanks
First Grade Music Program:
The First grade classes have been practicing a program that we are going to perform in the gym on Monday, May 22 at 2:00. We would love to see all of you there. Please have your child wear their nice school clothes.
Take Home Books:
Today was the last day for Take Home Library Books, so they will all be due on Monday, May 1. If your child has lost their book, you will need to send $5 to pay for it.
· Saturday, April 29 – Kite Flight at CMS
· Monday, May 1 – Celebrate Courtney’s Birthday
· Tuesday, May 2 – Celebrate Lenox’s Birthday
· Tuesday, May 2 – All library books are due
· Wednesday, May 3 – PTA Color Run
· Friday, May 5 – Family Fun Day (Backus Family)
· Friday, May 5 – Celebrate Weslee’s Birthday
· Wednesday, May 10 – Field Trip
· Friday, May 12 – Box Tops are due
· Friday, May 12 – Family Fun Day
· Friday, May 19 – Family Fun Day
· Monday, May 22 – First Grade program in the gym (2:00)
· Tuesday, May 23 – Field Day
· Wednesday, May 24 – Last Day of School
**If I have missed a birthday, Family Fun Day or anything else in the Upcoming Events, please let me know. Thanks