Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 16 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
November 16, 2012

Review of our week:
         We have done a lot this week.  In math we are working on addition facts, time and graphing.  We learned how to use a number line.   I also introduced subtraction.  I am sending home a copy of some addition flash cards.  I would really like you to help your child practice their math facts.  You can also purchase a set from Walmart for just a few dollars. In writing we learned how to write notes, so if your child writes you a note please try and write back to them.
        
Homework:
I have included 2 math homework sheets.  Your child needs to ask 10 different people what their favorite Thanksgiving food is and make a table with the information.  I would really like them to do the Brainwork activity.  Please make sure your child reads over the Thanksgiving Break.  We will not have spelling words next week.  I am going to review all of the words we have done so far.  The spelling words are for the week after Thanksgiving.

Gingerbread Houses:
         We are going to be making gingerbread houses on Friday, December 14 at 12:30.  If you could donate a small bag of candy or a container of white frosting, I would really appreciate it.  The candy can be M&M’s, small candy canes, peppermints or anything else you think would look nice on a gingerbread house.  I also need 2-3 parents to come in and help with the gingerbread houses.  If you would like to help please let me know.  If you can donate something please have it here by Thursday, December 13, so I will know how much candy and frosting I will need to get.
         I could still use a couple of people to help with the Christmas Party.

Christmas Traditions and Recipes:
         A couple of years ago I had each student go home and talk to their family about their favorite Christmas tradition and what their favorite Christmas food was and bring in the recipe.  I have decided to do that again.  Over the next couple of weeks I would like you to sit down with your child and talk about these things.  After you have decided I would like you to EMAIL me with the information.  I am going to put it together in a book to send home.  If you email it, I can copy and paste instead of having to retype everything.  If you could do this by December 5, I would appreciate it.  That will give me time to get them put together.  If you have any questions please let me know.
        
Box Tops:
         As you are doing your baking and cooking for the Holidays, make sure you are keeping your Box Tops.

Upcoming Events:
·      Tuesday, November 20 – Celebrate Santana’s Birthday
·      November 21-23 – No School (Thanksgiving Break)
·      Friday, November 30 – Celebrate Lily’s ½ Birthday
·      Friday, November 30 – Family Fun Day (Huff Family)
·      Friday, December 7 – Celebrate McKinley’s Birthday
·      Friday, December 14 – Family Fun Day (Bryan Family)
·      Friday, December 14 – Make Gingerbread Houses
·      Thursday,December 20 – Celebrate Kassidie’s Birthday
·      Friday, December 21 – Christmas Party 1:00
·      Monday, January 7 – School Starts Again
·      Monday, January 7 – Reading Records Due
·      Tuesday, January 8 – Celebrate Jenzie’s Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment