Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 8 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
November 8, 2013

Review of our week:
In Math we took our Chapter 2 test.  We started chapter 3, Adding Strategies.  In this chapter we will be learning to add doubles, doubles plus 1, adding 3 numbers and other strategies.  I have made a copy of flashcards.  I would really like you to take the time to practice these with your child.   We only had 1 person bring information about a Veteran.  If you still have some you have not sent, you can do it next week.  We also had Smokey Bear come for an assembly.

F.Y.I’s:
*Please make sure your child is brining at least a jacket if not a coat everyday.  It has been pretty cold this week.  We go out to recess 3 times a day.  They need something to keep them warm.

* Library is on Thursday for our class.  The last couple of weeks several in our class has not brought their books back.  The reason we go to library is to get new books to read at home.  Please make sure your child has their books back on Thursday.

* I only had a couple of moms sign up to help with the Christmas Party.  If you would like to help with that, please let me know.  It will be on Friday, December 20st at 1:00.

* As I was checking to see who met the reading goal in October, I noticed that I had A LOT of students who are not turning in their reading records and homework. 

* I am sending home a fluency paper for homework.  We have done a couple of these pages in class.  I will send it back home after I check it off, so they can practice at home.  In January when we do Dibels, one of the assessments is reading fluency.  The benchmark goal is 23 words per minute.  I do talk to my classs about how reading fluently is more than reading fast.  I am going to start sending home some passages to practice fluency next week.  I need to get a copy from my mom.

* If your child is absent you need to call the office and excuse them.  If the school has not heard from you by 10:00, somebody will be calling you.  Please take the time to call or send an email.  If you send a note to me, please let the office know as well.  I don’t always get notes in time.

Upcoming Events:
·      Thursday, November 14 – Celebrate Emmy’s Birthday
·      Friday, November 15 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, November 22 – Family Fun Day
·      November 27-29 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
·      Thursday, December 5 – Celebrate Kristian’s
·      Friday, December 6 – Celebrate Camden’s Birthday
·      Friday, December 6 – Family Fun Day
·      Monday, December 9 – Celebrate Jordan’s Birthday
·      Friday, December 13 – Make Gingerbread Houses
·      Thursday, December 19 – Celebrate Dylan’s Birthday
·      Friday, December 20 – Christmas Party
·      Monday, January 6 – First Day Back
·      Monday, January 6 – Celebrate Gwen’s Birthday
·      Friday, January 10 – End of 2nd Quarter
·      Friday, January 10 – Family Fun Day

No comments:

Post a Comment