Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
September 5, 2014

Review of our week:
         We are still working on our alphabet review.  Each day we do a handwriting page, we learn a new poem for each letter.  We interview our leader and each child then writes something about the leader and draws a picture.  When we finish each student will have a book they have made with a page about each person in our class.  I am very excited to see how much each child has improved in their writing abilities.  In math we have been working on graphing, adding 0 and adding digits in any order. 

Next Week’s Leaders:
September 8     -N- Aidan Kerksiek
September 9     -O- Adele Anderson
September 10    -P- Phoebe Fabela
September 11     -Q- Caleb Whittaker
September 12    -R- Rykker Holt

*When your child is the leader please send a healthy snack for the class.  If you can’t provide a snack please let me know, so I can get something. 

Homework:
         Your child should be doing reading every night.  I know some of you are reading the full 20 to your child and that is ok.    I hope we will be starting our Take Home Library soon.  Your child will be getting a book they can read on their own.  I forgot to put some information in my last newsletter.  I will be sending home a reading record every month.  This month is an apple page.  Your child needs to fill in 1 apple each night that they read for 20 minutes.  We talked about how we need to read everyday and not do all of our reading on 1 day.  I have asked them to only fill one 1 apple everyday.  That way you don’t have to remember how many days they read at the end of the month.  I also included a READO page.  These are some fun things your child can do to help them become a better reader.              
Since we have been talking but our homes, neighborhoods and communities I would like you to make sure your child knows their address and phone number.  Last week, I sent home a green paper your child was supposed to write down their address down on for something we are doing in class.  I have attached a paper I would like you to sign and send back, when your child does knows their address and phone number for homework.
         I have also attached another paper about a community report I would like each student to do.  This does not have to be hard, you can do the report on a place you go all the time or your place of employment.

Reading Parents:
         I would like to start having parents come in and read with the class in 2 weeks.  I would like at least 2 parents each day.  They can be moms, dads or grandparents.   I have included a list of the parents who have signed up.  If you can and would like to come in and read with us, we would love to have you.  Let me know if there is a day that would work for you.  Some of you said you could come any day.  If the day I put you down for doesn’t work for you, please let me know.

Remind 101:
         If you have not signed up for the PTA or Mrs. Bali’s Remind 101, please do so.  I have included those pages again for you.

Family Fun Day:
         I have included several dates for Family Fun Days.  If would like to do a Family Fun Day and one of those dates works for you, just let me know.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  I attached the paper explaining what it is to my email.

Upcoming Events:
·      Monday, September 8 – Back To School Bash (5:30-8)
·      Monday, September 8 – Fall Pictures
·      Wednesday, September 10 – Hearing Screening
·      Friday, September 12 – Family Fun Day
·      Monday, September 15 – Vision & Dental Screenings
·      Friday, September 19 – Family Fun Day
·      Tuesday, September 23 – Celebrate Taige’s Birthday
·      Friday, September 26 – Family Fun Day
·      September 29-October 3 – SEP Week (School gets out at 2:30 everyday.)
·      Friday, October 10 – Family Fun Day
·      Wednesday, October 15 – End of 1st Quarter
·      October 16-17 – No School (Fall Recess)
·      Monday, October 20 – No School (Harvest Recess)
·      October 21-22 – No School (Professional Development            for Teachers.)
·      Thursday, October 23 – Celebrate Adele’s Birthday
·      Friday, October 24 – Celebrate Casey’s Birthday
·      Friday, October 24 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, October 31 – Halloween Party




Reading Volunteers
8:45-9:30

Monday –    Carrie Holt
                  Charity Whittaker

Tuesday –   Julie Barnes
                 RoseAnn Campbell
                 Jane Clayton

Wednesday – Art @ 9:00

Thursday – Penny Behunin
                  Brittanie Parry
                  Carolyn Corry

Friday –      Amy Wittwer
                  Lisa Anderson
                  Jillian Sidwell
                  Kelli Price?

Take Home Books – Amy Wittwer

No comments:

Post a Comment