Thursday, April 23, 2015

April 23 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
April 23, 2015

Review of our week:
         I can’t believe how fast this year has gone. We have been practicing really hard for our program.  We hope that you will all be able to come and enjoy it.  In math we have been working on graphing.

Homework:
         I am still sending home a few things for homework. I know it is hard to keep doing homework this time of year, but it is so important to keep going until the end of the year when we will be doing our DIBELS testing and benchmarks for reading levels.  Some of you made that a goal to help your child do their homework and turn it, but I am still not seeing it come back.  PLEASE, PLEASE help your child with this.

Kite Flight for Reading:
         The Kite Festival is on Saturday.  We sent home a paper for you to keep track of your child’s minutes on.  The PTA also asked us to keep track of them at school.  I have gone through and written down the reading records your child has turned in.  The days your child read might be off a little, but the amount of days is what they had on their reading record.  I also didn’t put the extra minutes your child read.  You are more than welcome to fix them if you would like to.  I have a lot of students who are not turning their reading records in every month.  I would really like you to look at how much reading your child has done the last couple of months.  If your child turns this in, they will receive a kite and the school earns money.
        
My Backpack App:
         I am sending home a paper that has information about an App you can download for your child that goes a long with the computer program we have been dong all year.

Animal Reports:
         I will be assigning each student an animal to do an oral report on.  All of the information will be coming home next week.  Please check the paper in your child’s backpack, so you will know when your child is scheduled to do their report and what animal.  If you have any questions please let me know.  You are welcome to come and watch.

Reading Helpers:
         I really wanted to thank all of you who have taken the time to come in and read this year.  I know it takes a lot of time, but it really has made a big difference with helping our class learn how to read this year.  The week of May 4-8 will be the last week to come in and read.  Thanks again for everything you have done this year. 
        
Thanks:
         I just wanted to tell all of you thanks for everything you have done this year.  I appreciate all of your help and support.  It makes my job so much easier with your help.  I also appreciate you making sure your child is doing their reading and their homework.  It is wonderful to see how much progress we have made this year.   

Take Home Books:
         I have at about 7-10 students everyday not bring their take home books back or not read them.  I know some are reading other books, but I would really like them to read their take home book as well.  We only have 2 more weeks of the Take Home Books, please help your child to read their take home book.  The last day for the books will be on 9, so they will all be due on Monday, May 11.  If your child has lost their book, you will need to send $5 to pay for it.

First Grade Music Program:
         The First grade classes have been practicing a program that we are going to perform in the gym on Thursday, May 7 at 2:00.  We would love to see all of you there.  Please have your child wear their nice school clothes.

Upcoming Events:
         * Friday, May 1 – Celebrate Matthew’s Birthday
         * Friday, May 1 – Family Fun Day (Garfield Family)
         * Friday, May 1 – Reading Celebration for the school
* Thursday, May 7 – First Grade Program @2:00 in the gym
         * Thursday, May 7 – Celebrate Hailey’s Birthday
         * Friday, May 8 – Family Fun Day (Nielson Family)
         * Monday, May 11 – Celebrate Evelyn’s Birthday
         * Tuesday, May 12 – Celebrate Aidan’s Birthday
         * Friday, May 15 – Family Fun Day (Aullman Family)
         * Tuesday, May 19 – Celebrate Dylan’s Birthday
         * Thursday, May 21 – Celebrate Davin’s Birthday
         * Thursday, May 21 – Field Day
         * Friday, May 22 – Last Day of School

**If I have missed a birthday, Family Fun Day or anything else in the Upcoming Events, please let me know.  Thanks



        

No comments:

Post a Comment