Thursday, October 29, 2015

October 30 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
October 29, 2015

Review of our week:
         Things are going great in our class.  In math we have been working on doubles plus 1 and making a ten to add. We wrote “How To Carve A Pumpkin.”  I was very impressed with how well they all did. We had a great time at the pumpkin patch last week.  I just wanted to thank all of you for your help and support.  I really do appreciate it. You are all so wonderful.

Homework:
         Reading records are also due back on Monday.  Please, make sure your child is reading every night. There are not very many students using RAZ Kids at home. This is a great resource that I purchased for our class, please try to use it.   

Sight Words:
         I have a lot of students who have not brought their paper back saying they are ready to pass them off.  This is holding your child back from moving on in their reading.  There are also several that should have passed most of them off.  I really need you to practice those words with your child.  If you don’t know where the list is please let me know and I can get you a new one.

Veterans:
         I would like each child to find out if they have any Veterans in their family.  If they do, I would like them to find out any information and find pictures.  If you could send things that we can keep, at least for awhile that would be great. If you can make a copy of the pictures, so that we can keep it, that would be the best.  If it is something that your child can just bring for the day and share, we would love to see it.  Part of our first grade core is American Symbols, so we are going to be really focusing on patriotism.  If you could send them sometime next week, that would be great.

Book Orders:
         I will send home the Book Orders for November on Monday. If you are ordering books for Christmas just let me know, so I can pull them.  If you would like to order books they are due back by Thursday, November, 5th. I have some birthday book certificates I purchased for the class.  I will order a book for each child, for their birthday.  If your child has a paper attached to their book order, please go through and help your child pick a book for their birthday.  If your child has not turned theirs in from last month, you can still do that.  I will do this every month with the book orders.  If you have any questions about books, just let me know.

FYI’s:
·      I am sending home Progress Reports. On the counting if they were able to count by 1’s to 120 I circled 1’s. If they were not able to do it, I wrote at the bottom what number they were able to count to.
Upcoming Events:
·      Tuesday, November 3 – Celebrate Mckell’s Birthday
·      Wednesday, November 4 – Celebrate Peter’s Birthday
·      Friday, November 6 – Family Fun Day (Griffin Family)
·      Friday, November 13 – Family Fun Day (Ulrich Family)
·      November 25-27 – No School (Thanksgiving Break)
·      Friday, December 4 – Family Fun Day (Tom-Jake Family)
·      Thursday, December 10–Celebrate Peyton’s ½ Birthday
·      Friday, December 11 – Celebrate Alex’s ½ Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment