Friday, October 21, 2016

October 21, 2016


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
October 21, 2016

Review of our week:
         In math we have been working double facts, doubles plus 1 and doubles minus 1. We wrote about what we are going to be for Halloween. I just wanted to thank all of you for your help and support.  I really do appreciate it. You are all so wonderful.

Homework:
         Please, make sure your child is reading every night.  We have been using Raz in class.  If you have not started using it at, I would really like you to have your child use it. It is a wonderful resource.    

Sight Words:
         I have a lot of students who have not brought their paper back saying they are ready to pass them off.  This is holding your child back from moving on in their reading.  I really need you to practice those words with your child.  If you don’t know where the list is please let me know and I can get you a new one.  I do have 1 who has worked really hard and passed all of them off, since I sent the first list home.

Carving Pumpkins:
      I have 3 dads (Zack, Jeff and Clint) and a couple of others who might be able to come to carve pumpkins. If I missed anyone or if there are others who would like to come in, please let me know.  I just want to make sure I have enough pumpkins for the dads. We will do it on Halloween at 10:30.  If you can and would like to come and help us, please let me know.  Thanks

Progress Reports:
·      I am sending home Progress Reports next week.  There are not a lot of things marked for this quarter.  It doesn’t mean your child can’t do those things, I just haven’t assessed it yet.  On the counting if they were able to count by 1’s to 120 I circled 1’s. If they were not able to do it, I wrote at the bottom what number they were able to count to. Please look over this

Upcoming Events:
·      Monday, October 24 – No School (Fall Break)
·      Monday, October 31 – Carve Pumpkins 10:30
·      Monday, October 31 – Halloween Party
·      Thursday, November 3 – Celebrate Dolce’s Birthday
·      Friday, November 4 – Family Fun Day
·      Thursday, November 10 – Celebrate Graysen’s
·      Friday, November 11 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, November 18 – Family Fun Day
·      November 23-25 – No School (Thanksgiving Break)

No comments:

Post a Comment