Friday, October 12, 2018

October 12 Newsletter


-->
Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
October 12, 2018

Review of our week:
         In math we have been working double facts.  I sent home a couple of games and a Doubles Rap that you can help your child learn these math facts.  I will send home flashcards next week.  We made some fun ghost pictures. I just wanted to thank all of you for your help and support.  I really do appreciate it. You are all so wonderful.

Field Trip:

         We are going to the Robinson Family Pumpkin Patch on Wednesday, October 24.  I am sending home a permission slip.  They ask for $1 to pay for the pumpkin your child will get to pick. It is due by next Wednesday.  If you would like to come with us, we would love to have you meet us there.  There won’t be room on the bus.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sight Words:
         I have a lot of students who have not brought their paper back saying they are ready to pass them off.  This is holding your child back from moving on in their reading.  I really need you to practice those words with your child.  If you don’t know where the list is please let me know and I can get you a new one.

Carving Pumpkins:
      I have 8 dads (Keith, Jared, Whitney, Dustyn, Jaren, Mike, Brett, Trevor). If I missed anyone or if there are others who would like to come in, please let me know. I just want to make sure I have enough pumpkins for the dads. We will do it on Halloween at 10:30. Thanks

Progress Reports:
·      I am sending home Progress Reports next week.  There are not a lot of things marked for this quarter.  It doesn’t mean your child can’t do those things, I just haven’t assessed it yet.  On the counting if they were able to count by 1’s to 120 I circled 1’s. If they were not able to do it, I wrote at the bottom what number they were able to count to. Please look over this

Upcoming Events:
·      Friday, October 19 – Family Fun Day
·      Monday, October 22 – No School (Fall Break)
·      Friday, October 26 – Family Fun Day
·      Tuesday, October 30 – Halloween Party @2:00
·      Wednesday, October 31 Carve pumpkins with dads @ 10:30
·      Friday, November 2 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, November 9 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, November 16 – Celebrate Ellsie’s Birthday
·      Friday, November 16 – Family Fun Day
·      Tuesday, November 20 – Celebrate Chloe’s Birthday
·      November 21-23 – No School (Thanksgiving Break)
·      Friday, November 30 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, December 7 – Make Gingerbread Houses
·      Friday, December 14 – Celebrate Zoey’s Birthday
·      Friday, December 14 – Family Fun Day
·      Monday, December 17 – Celebrate Arinne’s Birthday
·      Tuesday, December 18 – Christmas Party
·      Wednesday, December 19 – Celebrate Bridget’s Birthday
·      Wednesday, December 19 – End of 2nd Quarter

No comments:

Post a Comment