Friday, September 23, 2022

September 23 Newsletter

Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News

September 23, 2022


Review of our Week:

In math we have been working on taking apart, taking from and subtraction in story problems. In our reading program, we have started reading stories.  We finished our interviews. I will have the pages your child wrote put together in a book at SEPs.  I am very impressed with the writing abilities of each of the students.  

SEP’s:

I am sending home a paper that tells you when your SEP is.  I need you to sign it and mark if you can make your appointment or not.  If you can’t make it please let me know as soon as possible, so I can reschedule it.  We coordinated with other teachers, so please try to make your appointment.  Remember school gets out everyday at 2:30, even on Friday.


Homework:

It is very important that your child is doing their reading for 20 minutes every night. I really need you taking the time to listen to your child read.  I have several who have already moved up a level and several who will be ready to move up a level with in the next couple of weeks.  I can tell they are reading at home.  

I just wanted to let you know, you don’t have to turn your child’s math packet in.  I am not grading it for homework.  You can turn them in, but you don’t have to.  I just wanted to send them home as some extra practice, if you wanted to have your child do it.  It has helped review and pre-teach some of these math concepts. I will do this with each chapter.


Book Orders:

I am sending home a book order.  If you would like to order books, there is a link at the bottom of my emails.  I will be submitting the order next Thursday, September 30.

Snacks:

We finished with our snacks and we won’t be doing them next week. If your child would like to bring their own healthy snack to eat at recess, they can.  Please, don’t send candy.


Upcoming Events:

October 3-7 – SEP Week (School gets out at 2:30 every day.)

Wednesday, October 5 – Celebrate Knox’s Birthday

Friday, October 14 – End of 1st Quarter

Friday, October 21 – No School (Teacher Day)

Monday, October 24 – No School (Fall Break)

Thursday, October 27 – Celebrate Lucy’s Birthday

Friday, October 28 – Celebrate David’s Birthday

Monday, October 31 – Halloween 


No comments:

Post a Comment