Friday, November 3, 2023

November 3 Newsletter

Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News

November 3, 2023


Review of our week:

I wanted to thank all the dads and grandpa who came and carved pumpkins with us on Tuesday and the moms who did our Halloween Party.  It was so much fun. I will post pictures on the blog. 

In math we have been working on addition strategies. We have a new math program this year.  I am really impressed with the math skills of this class. I am so happy about the reading levels.  I can really tell who is reading at home.  It is making a big difference with their reading abilities.   

If you have a Veteran in your family, please find out any information about them, write it up and send a picture of you can.  I will display the pictures and information and then I will put it in your child’s portfolio.


Book Orders:

I have included a book order.  You can click on the link at the bottom on the email and order online.  They will be due on Friday, November 10.  If you are ordering books for Christmas, please let me know.  I won’t send them home with your child, but I will let you know when they come in.

F.Y.I’s:

*Please make sure your child is brining at least a jacket if not a coat  everyday.  You never know from 1 day to the next what it will be like when we go out.  They need something to keep them warm.


*We have had a lot of really tired kids.  Will you please make sure your child is getting enough sleep, especially with the time change this weekend.


Field Trip:

Next Friday we will be going to the Heritage Center to watch the Ririe Woodbury Dance Team.  I have attached a permission slip, please sign and return it by Wednesday, November 8.

Gingerbread Houses:

We will be making gingerbread houses in December.  I have done a Signup Genius with things we could use.  It is mostly candy and frosting.  If you could donate anything, that would be great.  I have seen things in the stores lately and I know they will go fast, so I thought I would put this out now.  You can send them any time you want to.  

Upcoming Events:

* Friday, November 10 – Field Trip to Heritage Center

* Wednesday, November 15 – Mrs. Bali will be gone to a training

* November 22-24 – No School (Thanksgiving Break)

* Monday, December 11 – Mrs. Bali will be gone

* Wednesday, December 13 – Heritage Center for a Christmas Concert 

* Thursday, December 14 – Make Gingerbread Houses at 1:00

*Thursday, December 21 – Christmas Party @12:45


No comments:

Post a Comment