Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 6 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
September 6, 2013

Review of our week:
         We are still working on our alphabet review.  Each day we do a handwriting page, we learn a new poem for each letter.  We interview our leader and each child then writes something about the leader and draws a picture.  When we finish each student will have a book they have made with a page about each person in our class.  I am very excited to see how much each child has improved in their writing.  In math we have been working on graphing, adding 0 and adding digits in any order. 

Next Week’s Leaders:
September 9     -O- Olivia Ena
September 10    -P- Jordan Proskauer
September 11     -Q- William Barker
September 12    -R- Ben Murrary
September 13    -S- Shaylee Johnson   

*When your child is the leader please send a healthy snack, which does not have nuts or peanut butter for the class.  If you can’t provide a snack please let me know, so I can get something. 

Homework:
         Your child should be doing reading every night.  I know some of you are reading the full 20 to your child and that is ok.    I hope next week we will be starting our Take Home Library.  Your child will be getting a book they can read on their own. They will earn money for every night they are doing their reading homework, to spend in our classroom store.  I am sending home the new reading record today.
         We read the book Chrysanthemum and I have sent home a worksheet for your child to do for homework.  It is due back by Friday, September 13.  There is also a math page.
         Since we have been talking but our homes, neighborhoods and communities I would like you to make sure your child knows their address and phone number.  Yesterday, I sent home an orange paper your child was supposed to write down their address down on for something we are doing in class.  I have attached a paper I would like you to sign and send back, when your child does knows their address and phone number for homework.
         I have also attached another paper to try and help with the community homework.  We have had 2 students share where they went and what they learned.  It was really fun.  I can’t wait to see the other ones.

Field Trip:
         We are going on a Field Trip to Cedar Breaks on Thursday, September 19. On this day your child will need to eat school lunch, please pay the office. I will give you more information next week.  I am sending home a permission slip that needs to be back by Friday, the 13th.  I will need at least one parent to come with us.  You may need to drive depending on the bus situation.  If you would be interested, please let me know.  Thanks

Reading Parents:
         I would like to start having parents come in and read with the class in 2 weeks.  I would like at least 2 parents each day.  They can be moms, dads or grandparents.   I have included a list of the parents who have signed up.  If you can and would like to come in and read with us, we would love to have you.  Let me know if there is a day that would work for you.

Family Fun Day:
         I have included several dates for Family Fun Days.  If would like to do a Family Fun Day and one of those dates works for you, just let me know.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  I attached the paper explaining what it is to my email.

Upcoming Events:
·      Monday, September 9 – School Pictures
·      Monday, September 9 – Back To School Bash 5:30-8:00
·      Thursday, September 12 – Celebrate Ben’s Birthday
·      Thursday, September 19 – Field Trip to Cedar Breaks
·      Friday, September 20 – Family Fun Day (Bali Family)
·      Friday, September 27 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, October 4 – Family Fun Day
·      Thursday, October 10 – Pictures Retakes
·      Friday, October 11 – Family Fun Day
·      Wednesday, October 16 – Celebrate Olivia’s Birthday
·      Wednesday, October 16 – End of 1st Quarter
·      October 17-18 – No School (Fall Recess)
·      Monday, October 21 – No School (Harvest Holiday)
·      October 22-25 – Red Ribbon Week
·      Friday, October 25 – Family Fun Day
·      Tuesday, October 22 – Vision Screening
·      Thursday, October 31 – Halloween Party

 
Reading Volunteers
8:45-9:30

Monday – Russell Holyoak

Tuesday – Barbara Corry
                 Valyn Webster

Wednesday – Art @ 9:00

Thursday – Jan Thorley
                
Friday – Tiffany Newbold

Take Home Books – Tiffany Newbold

**Dana Ena – Sometimes Tuesdays and Thursdays






No comments:

Post a Comment