Monday, October 13, 2014

October 10 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
October 10, 2014

Review of our week:
         I just wanted to thank everybody for coming to SEP’s.  Things are going well.  Our Daily 5 and Guided reading are going well.  In math we are working on subtraction.  We finished up our unit on rocks and are going to start a unit on the moon.

Homework:
         I did the prizes for those students who had met the reading goal.  The goal was to read at least 5 days a week and turn them in.  I only had 9 students who met the reading goal.  I really need your help with this.  I have some students who did not turn in their reading record. I need to have them reading every night. 

Field Trip:
         We are going to go on a field trip to the Robinson Family Pumpkin patch here in Cedar City, the Friday we come back from the break.  I have included a permission slip.  If you would please send the permission slip and $1 to pay for the pumpkin by Wednesday, October 12, that would be great. I would like to get 3-4 parents to come and go with us.  We will leave about 12:45 and be back by 2:00-2:30.  Thanks

RAZ Kids:
         I was able to get my project from Donor’s Choose funded and we have started using the IPads in our Daily 5.  I am so excited about that.  Thank you for those of you who donated.  When your child is reading on Raz I would like them to listen to the story, then read the story and do the quiz.  If they are not getting most of the questions correct on the story, I would like them to go back and read the story again.  Comprehension is a very important part of reading. 

Pinks Fridays:
         The school district is wearing pink on Fridays in October, to support Breast Cancer Awareness.  I have a girl in our class ask last week if they could do it too.  She also asked me if I could be put it in the newsletter.  I meant to get an email out yesterday, but I forgot.  If your child would like to do this the nest 2 Fridays, that would be great.  I did send a message on Remind 101 last night.  If you have not done that yet, please do so.

Reminders:
*It is so important your child is here on time, if not a few minutes early.  If they are late on a regular basis they are missing out on a lot of important things in the morning.  I would like you to check out how many tardies your child has when I send home the first progress report.

* I won’t be doing a Newsletter next weeks.  The spelling words I am sending will be for the next two weeks.   We will have our spelling test the Friday we come back from the break.

*Remember to keep all of your Box Tops and send them in.

* A couple of weeks ago I sent home the list of sight words your child was on.  I have had several bring back their paper and pass them off.  If you have not been practicing that list with your child, please do so.  They need to have those sight words down to read a lot of the books we are reading and it will help them move up in their reading levels as well. 
                 
Carving Pumpkins:
         I am looking for 6 or 7 dads to come in and carve pumpkins with us on Halloween.  We will do Friday, October 31 at 10:30.  If you are interested and can come and help please let me know, so I know how many pumpkins to get.  Thanks

Upcoming Events:
·      Wednesday, October 15 – End of 1st Quarter
·      October 16-17 – No School (Fall Recess)
·      Monday, October 20 – No School (Harvest Recess)
·      October 21-22 – No School for the students. (Professional Development for Teachers.)
·      Thursday, October 23 – Celebrate Adele’s Birthday
·      Friday, October 24 – Celebrate Casey’s Birthday
·      Friday, October 24 – Field Trip to Pumpkin Patch
·      Friday, October 24 – Family Fun Day (Price Family)
·      Wednesday, October 29 – Reflections Due
·      Friday, October 31 – Halloween Party
·      Friday, October 31 – Carve Pumpkins @ 10:30
·      Friday, November 7 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, November 14 – Family Fun Day (Nielson Family)
·      Friday, November 21 – Family Fun Day
·      November 26-28 – No School (Thanksgiving Break)




No comments:

Post a Comment