Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 24 Newsletter

Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
October 24, 2014

Review of our week:
         Things are going well in our class.  In math we have been working on turn around facts, counting on and doubles. We wrote about what we are going to be for Halloween. We had a great time at the pumpkin patch.  I just wanted to thank all of you for your help and support.  I really do appreciate it. You are all so wonderful.

Homework:
         I will be sending home a couple of pages for math homework. They are due back next Friday.  Reading records are also due back next Friday.  Please, make sure your child is reading every night.  We went over as a class today, how I want them to be using RAZ.  Please use this wonderful resource.  

Sight Words:
         I have a lot of students who have not brought their paper back saying they are ready to pass them off.  This is holding your child back from moving on in their reading.  I really need you to practice those words with your child.  If you don’t know where the list is please let me know and I can get you a new one.  I do have 1 who has worked really hard and passed all of them off, since I sent the first list home.

Carving Pumpkins:
      I only have 3 dads who are coming to carve pumpkins.  I would really like to have about 5-6 more.  We will do it on Halloween at 10:30.  If you can and would like to come and help us, please let me know.  Thanks

FYI’s:
·      I am sending home Progress Reports next week.  There are not a lot of things marked for this quarter.  It doesn’t mean your child can’t do those things, I just haven’t assessed it yet.  On the counting if they were able to count by 1’s to 120 I circled 1’s. If they were not able to do it, I wrote at the bottom what number they were able to count to. Please look over this, sign the bottom and send it back the strip at the bottom.

Upcoming Events:
·      Wednesday, October 29 – Reflections Due
·      Friday, October 31 – Halloween Party
·      Friday, October 31 – Carve Pumpkins @ 10:30 (Dads)
·      Friday, November 7 – Family Fun Day
·      Monday, November 10 – BTS Arts Night 6:00-7:00
·      Friday, November 14 – Family Fun Day (Nielson Family)
·      Friday, November 21 – Family Fun Day
·      November 26-28 – No School (Thanksgiving Break)



No comments:

Post a Comment