Friday, September 4, 2015

September 4 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
September 4, 2015

Review of our week:
         I have been doing some assessing this week. In the afternoon, we interview our leader and each child then writes something about the leader and draws a picture.  When we finish each student will have a book they have made with a page about each person in our class.  I am very excited to see how much each child has improved in their writing abilities.  In math we have been working on adding 0 and adding digits in any order and ways to make 9 & 10. 

Next Week’s Leaders:
         September 7 – No School (Labor Day)
         September 8 – Holden
         September 9- Jarom
         September 10- Kamryn
         September 11 - Kensley

*When your child is the leader please send a healthy snack for the class.  If you can’t provide a snack please let me know, so I can get something. 

Homework:
         Your child should be reading every night. At this point their reading time can be a combination of them reading and you reading to the.  I know some of you are reading the full 20 to your child and that is ok.    I hope we will be starting our Take Home Library soon.  Your child will be getting a book they can read on their own.  

Family Fun Day:
         I have included several dates for Family Fun Days.  If would like to do a Family Fun Day and one of those dates works for you, just let me know.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  I attached the paper explaining what it is to my email.

Book Orders:
         I will be doing a book order every month.  These are a great way to get good books for your child, which are not very expensive.  If you would like to order books please have your order returned by Thursday, September 10.  You can write one check to Scholastic for all your orders, if you ordering from more than one club.   You can also go online and order, which is really easy.  The code for our class is L9GWX.  There is a link at the end of my email.  If you have any questions please let me know.     

Upcoming Events:
·      Monday, September 7 –No School (Labor Day)
·      Friday, September 11 – Family Fun Day
·      Saturday, September 12 – Back To School Bash & Splash
·      Monday, September 14 – Vision & Dental Screenings
·      Tuesday, September 22 – Celebrate Will’s Birthday
·      Friday, September 25 – Fall Pictures
·      Friday, September 25 – Family Fun Day
·      September 28-October 2 – SEP Week (School gets out at 2:30 everyday.)


No comments:

Post a Comment