Friday, April 7, 2017

April 7 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
April 5, 2017

Review of our week:
         In math, we finished up graphing.  We will start on 3-D Shapes.  I have also been doing some benchmarks with reading levels. We have done some fun writing pieces, that you will love when your child brings home their portfolio at the end of the year.

Newsletter:
         I am sorry I didn’t get this out on Monday.  This newsletter will also be for next week.  I will be out of town on Thursday and Friday.  I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and Spring Break.

Teacher Requests:
         There is a form on the school web site, if you would like to request a teacher for next year.  You will need to print this form, fill it out and bring it in to the office.  They will be excepting them for first 2 weeks in April.  Mr. Oldroyd will not accept them after April 14th.
         We will start putting class lists together.  If you know your child is not going to be at our school next year please let me know and I will let the office know.  Thanks

PTA Color Run:
         This is going to be a lot of fun to do the run.  The date to turn your money in is April 12, which is next week.

FYI’s:
* Keep saving those Box Tops.

* I have put most everything on the upcoming events, until the end of the year.  I will explain later what some of them are.  I just want you to be aware of some of the things we will be doing.  The last couple of months, things get pretty crazy.

Family Fun Days:
         If you would still like to do a Family Fun Day and have not signed up please let me know. 

Flat Stanley:
         I have attached a letter explaining what we are doing with Flat Stanley, please make sure you read it and get me your address as soon as possible. Please pick somebody who will take him and do some fun things with him.  I thought it would be fun to send him before Easter.  This is one of the most fun activities we do. I will start sending them as soon as I have the address. You can even email the address to me.

Upcoming Events:
·      Friday, April 7 – Family Fun Day (Murray Family)
·      Friday, April 7 – Celebrate Ada’s Birthday
·      Friday, April 14 – Easter Party
·      Friday, April 14 – Celebrate Jack’s Birthday
·      April 17-21 - No School (Spring Break)
·      Tuesday, April 25 – Last time to check out library books
·      Friday, April 28 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, April 28 – School Reading Celebration
·      Friday, April 28 – Celebrate Ryker’s Birthday
·      Saturday, April 29 – Kite Flight at CMS
·      Monday, May 1 – Celebrate Courtney’s Birthday
·      Tuesday, May 2 – Celebrate Lenox’s Birthday
·      Tuesday, May 2 – All library books are due
·      Wednesday, May 3 – PTA Color Run
·      Friday, May 5 – Family Fun Day
·      Wednesday, May 10 – Field Trip
·      Friday, May 12 – Box Tops are due
·      Friday, May 12 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, May 19 – Family Fun Day
·      Monday, May 22 – First Grade program in the gym (2:00)
·      Tuesday, May 23 – Field Day
·      Wednesday, May 24 – Last Day of School

No comments:

Post a Comment