Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
March 24, 2017
Review of our week:
In math we finished our chapter on measurement and telling time. We did really well on this chapter. We will also continue to work on telling time. We started on graphing. I have been doing some assessing to mark on progress reports. We have been sharing stories that are written in Writing during Daily 5. There are some great stories being written, please have your child read them to you if they write one.
PTA Color Run:
The PTA is doing some fundraising to get more technology into our school. They want to have enough Chrome Books for every student 3-5 grade. They are hoping to earn $10,000 with this Color Run. If they meet their goal any extra money will be used to get some I pad minis for the lower grades. If every student in the school gets $30 donated, we will meet that goal. I am sending home a packet from the PTA that will give more information. The more money we earn the more color we will have at our run. I am excited about this, I hope you will be too.
* If you would still like to do a Family Fun Day and we did not schedule one, please let me know. We might have to do one on a different day of the week, but we will get them all in.
· Wednesday, March 29 – Kindergarten Registration
· Thursday, March 30 – Family Fun Day (Bulloch Family)
· Friday, March 31 – Celebrate Brittnee’s Birthday
· Friday, March 31 – Family Fun Day
· Friday, April 7 – Family Fun Day (Murray Family)
· Friday, April 7 – Celebrate Ada’s Birthday
· Friday, April 14 – Easter Party
· Friday, April 14 – Celebrate Jack’s Birthday
· April 17-21 - No School (Spring Break)
· Friday, April 28 – Family Fun Day
· Monday, May 1 – Celebrate Courtney’s Birthday
· Tuesday, May 2 – Celebrate Lenox’s Birthday
· Wednesday, May 3 – PTA Color Run
· Friday, May 5 – Family Fun Day
· Wednesday, May 10 – Field Trip