Thursday, September 21, 2017

September 22 Newsletter


Mrs. Bali’s First Grade News
September 22, 2017

Review of our Week:
         In math we have been working on taking apart, taking from and subtraction in story problems. In our reading program, we have started reading stories.  We have finished all of our interviews. I will have the pages your child wrote put together in a book at SEPs.  I am very impressed with the writing abilities of each of the students.  In Social Studies we are learning about our community. We wrote about what we want to be when we grow up.

SEP’s:
         I am sending home a paper that tells you when your SEP is.  I need you to sign it and mark if you can make your appointment or not.  If you can’t make it please let me know as soon as possible, so I can reschedule it.  We coordinated with other teachers, so please try to make your appointment.  Remember school gets out everyday at 2:30, even on Wednesday.

Homework:
         It is very important that your child is doing their reading for 20 minutes every night. I really need you taking the time to listen to your child read.  I have several who have already moved up a level and several who will be ready to move up a level with in the next couple of weeks.  I can tell they are reading at home.  As I start reading with each child next week, I will be able to see who else is ready to move.
         I just wanted to let you know, you don’t have to turn your child’s math packet in.  I am not grading it for homework.  You can turn them in, but you don’t have to.  I just wanted to send them home as some extra practice, if you wanted to have your child do it.  It has helped review and pre-teach some of these math concepts. I will do this with each chapter.
Trackers:
         We are using trackers in our class for a while.  I want each student to track their own behavior.  I only have them bring them home if they are getting 1s or 0s.  A 1 means we were focused some of the time, finished some of our work, and we followed some instructions, but we could have done better.  A 0 means we were not doing those things.  If your child has been bringing trackers home, we will visit at SEPs to see what we can do to improve these things.

FYI’s:
* I just wanted to thank you all for sending the snacks when your    child was the leader. Please make sure your child is getting a good breakfast.  If they would like to bring a snack for themselves they can do that.

         * Now that it is starting to get colder outside, please make sure            your child is bringing a jacket everyday.

Upcoming Events:
·      Monday, September 25 – PTA Family Movie Night                                                            5:00 & 7:00
·      Friday, September 29 – Family Fun Day
·      October 2-6 – SEP Week (School gets out at 2:30)
·      Wednesday, October 4 – Hearing Screening
·      Thursday, October 12 – Picture Retakes
·      Friday, October 13 – Family Fun Day
·      Friday, October 20 – Family Fun Day
·      Monday, October 23 – No School (Harvest Recess)
·      Friday, October 27 – Family Fun Day
·      Tuesday, October 31 – Halloween Party
·      Tuesday, October 31 – Carve Pumpkins with dads


No comments:

Post a Comment